Ready for some hoops? Ride DART to watch the Dallas Mavericks. Your stop is Victory Station, located right across the parking lot from the American Airlines Center. That means you don’t have to pay to park or deal with traffic when the hometown heroes hit the court on Wednesday, Jan. 8, to take on the Denver Nuggets.
After sharing the ride with other fans decked out in Mavs blue, you’ll arrive in high spirits. In their last match with the Coloradan competitors, the Mavs won in a squeaker. Can they prevail again, this time with home-court advantage? You’ll have to wait and see. Tip-off is at 6:30 p.m.
While you’re there, stop by to say hi to us at the DART booth – we’ll be there with some fun giveaways!
Here are a few tips to ensure your experience is nothing but net:
- Get your transit pass using DART’s free GoPass® app. In addition to buying transit passes, you can track buses and trains in real time, easily access transit system maps, and much more. Get it for free at the App Store or Google Play.
Don’t want to use the app? There also is the GoPass® Tap card, a reloadable, stored-balance fare-payment card that allows you to simply tap your card to an electronic reader and go. GoPass Tap cards are available at 7-Eleven, Tom Thumb and other retailers.
Of course, you can also get your transit pass at the ticket vending machine. Explore your pass options at DART.org/fares.
- Get on the next train! Victory Station is served by DART Rail’s Green and Orange lines, as well as the Trinity Railway Express (TRE). From the Red and Blue lines, you can transfer in downtown Dallas at the Pearl/Arts District, St. Paul, Akard and West End stations. Since all DART Rail lines serve these four stations, you won’t have to wait long for a Green or Orange line train to come along.
- Trains have lots of space – so use it. It’s natural to get on at the closest door. But if the platform is crowded, stretch out a little and find the car with the most elbow room. And remember, the center section of each vehicle has low floors that are level with the platform. Roll right on with your stroller, mobility device, bicycle or anything else with wheels.
- Stay in the loop with DART’s mobile travel tools:
- m.DART.org – our mobile site – has a trip planner, bus and train locators, rider alerts and point-to-point schedules.
- Our Twitter feed gives you real-time information. Check us out @DARTalerts.
- You can always call DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
Now that you know the score, get on board for some awesome basketball thrills. Here’s the full schedule of the Mavericks’ season. We’ll see you there!