There’s just one week left for K-12 students to submit entries for DART’s 2017 Student Art Contest. Don’t miss your chance to capture how riding DART begins an adventure.
Contestants can compete to earn a spot for their design on DART buses and trains, plus cash and other prizes.
- The contest is open to public school, private school and home-schooled students in kindergarten through the 12th grade.
- Designs must be original work by the student and should illustrate the theme “The adventure starts here.”
- Entry deadline is Feb.28, 2017. Students who submit their artwork early receive a special prize.
- No group entries are allowed.
- All entries must measure 11″ high by 17″ wide and be laid out horizontally.
- Student’s name, grade level, school name, school address, teacher’s name, email address and phone number should be easily viewed on the back.
DART will notify winners by March 20. All artwork becomes the property of DART and may be used with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering, contestants consent to have their name and photograph appear as one of the winners.
A gallery of the previous art contest winners is available for viewing at dart.org/artcontest. For more information about the contest, contact Jessica D. Lennon, education outreach manager, at email@example.com, or call 214-749-2582.