Looking back, 2016 has been a year to remember. Take a look down memory lane to see just how vital your role has been in DART’s success.
- In January, you helped DART reinforced rider safety in the See Something, Say Something™ campaign and stayed vigilant to recognize and report signs of human trafficking.
- A couple of months later, in March, you chose DART as the best way to attend Dallas’ 37th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival, an event that attracts thousands to Dallas each year.
- DART took home top honors in May from the American Public Transportation Association and Bus and Paratransit Conference in Charlotte, NC. The honors revealed that our bus operators commit to bringing you safely to your destination.
- DART Rail turned 20 years old on June 14. What began as an 11-mile network of Red and Blue lines from Pearl Station to 8th and Corinth Station in 1996, now extends 93 miles of rail with 64 stations in eight cities.
- As gunfire broke out in Downtown Dallas on July 7, DART and Dallas police officers were on the scene to ensure the public’s safety. DART’s family grieved the loss of officer Brent Thompson and were grateful for the lives of the three DART officers injured during the protest. We witnessed the strength of the Dallas community and were grateful for the countless expressions of support from you and many around the world.
- In August, the Dallas Streetcar offered riders like you a new route to Bishop Arts District.
- From Sept. 30 to Oct. 23, you chose DART as your go-to ride to the State Fair of Texas.
- In October, DART invited you on a journey to new opportunities and new destinations with the new Blue Line Extension into South Oak Cliff.
- A new University of North Texas study revealed that transit-focused development near DART Rail produced $7 billion in economic growth, which continues to ignite vitality in your North Texas community.
- In December, we announced Dallas Community College District’s partnership with DART to cut students’ transportation costs with free transit passes.
Thank you for your support throughout the year and may DART continue to be your choice for easy transit travel.
Have a happy and safe New Year from all of us at DART.