What’s not to love about the State Fair of Texas®? There are thrill-seeking rides, just-gotta-try-it midway games, lively shows, concerts and exhibits, and of course, every kind of palate-tempting, deep-fried food you can imagine.
The fair comes only once a year, so it’s important to do it right! That starts with getting to Fair Park. Fortunately, DART makes it easy.
Here are a few guidelines to make your journey to the fair as hassle-free as possible:
- Use the GoPass℠ app to buy your tickets in advance: DON’T activate them until the day you go to the fair.
- Know the fares: Make sure you’re buying the right transit pass.
- Park free at a DART station: Take advantage of free parking available at many DART stations.
- Plan ahead on game days: Keep this year’s football schedule in mind when planning your trip.
- Check the DART schedule – it’s different: During the fair, DART offers more frequent and extended services.
- Get on the Green Line: Wherever you start your journey, you’ll want to make your way to Downtown Dallas and transfer to the Green Line, which serves Fair Park Station and MLK, Jr. Station.
- Roll on with level boarding: The center car of every DART Rail vehicle is a low-floor section that offers level boarding perfect for fairgoers with strollers, walkers, wheelchairs or other mobility devices.