Talking Headways is a podcast produced by Streetsblog USA dedicated to discussing transit and infrastructure issues all across the United States. Streetsblog is a daily news source connecting people to information about sustainable transportation and livable communities.
At Rail~volution Tuesday, Talking Headways recorded a live show featuring two individuals, one very familiar to many in the Dallas area.
Current Director at Entrepreneurs For North Texas and former Executive Director of The Dallas Arts District spoke to Talking Headways. Here’s a sampling of some of the topics she discussed in her 30 minute appearance on the podcast:
• Rocking a basket, bright vest and being one of Dallas’ original commuting cyclists
• How Dallas was designed with a streetcars in mind
• How desegregation helped create the Dallas Arts District
• Why buses and bikes are the ideal multi-modal transit combination
• How a short stint in Los Angeles changed her outlook on Dallas
Interested in hearing everything Catherine (and other fascinating guest Dave Unsworth) had to say at Rail~volution? Keep your eye on the Talking Headways portion of the Streetsblog website for the podcast audio to be posted in the coming days.
In the meantime, check out #railvolution on Twitter to see news and notes from the conference as it wraps up in Dallas.