The Mavs hit their hometown court eight times over the next month, promising plenty of thrills. See Luka Doncic, the teenage phenom from Slovenia (the highest-scoring NBA rookie), in action right before your eyes. And did you know Nowitzki needs just over 100 points to surpass Wilt Chamberlain as the sixth-highest scorer ever? When that happens, you’ll want to be there to see it.
There’s no penalty for traveling on DART. To the contrary – we’re the official ride of the Dallas Mavericks. And, with Victory Station right across the parking lot from the American Airlines Center’s entrance, it’s easy to see why. No parking costs, no bumper-to-bumper traffic snarls. The station is served by DART Rail’s Green and Orange lines, as well as the Trinity Railway Express (TRE).
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth trip:
- Park your car at one of DART Rail’s many rail stations with ample parking. Then get your ticket at the ticket vending machine and hop on the next train. Good to go! Visit org’s location list page to find the park-and-ride nearest you.
- If you’re not near a Green or Orange line station, you’ll need to catch a transfer. You can do so conveniently in DART’s Downtown Transitway Mall – that’s Pearl/Arts District, Paul, Akard and West End stations. All DART Rail lines run through this segment. And since either the Green or Orange Line will get you to the American Airlines Center, you won’t have to wait long.
- DART Rail trains depart at 20-minute intervals during off-peak times, and generally run at 15-minute intervals during weekday rush hours, until about 6:30 p.m. For specific departure times, visit the schedules page on DART.org.
- Get GoPass®. The latest version of DART’s mobile ticketing app is ready for download. You can track buses and trains in real time, easily access transit system maps, and much more. Get it for free at the App Store or Google Play. The GoPass® Tap transit card is a reloadable, stored-balance “smart card” that allows you to simply tap your card to an electronic reader and go; it’s available at 7-11, Ace Cash Express, Tom Thumb and other retailers. Both products make taking transit a snap. You’ll never need cash again!
- Stay in the loop with DART’s mobile travel tools:
- DART.org – our mobile site – has a trip planner, bus and train locators, rider alerts and point-to-point schedules.
- Our Twitter feed gives you real-time information. Check us out at @DARTmedia and @DARTalerts.
- You can always call Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
- Trains have lots of space – use it. It’s natural to get on at the closest door. But if the platform is crowded, stretch out a little and find the car with the most elbow room. And remember, the center section of each vehicle has low floors that are level with the platform. Roll right on with your stroller, mobility device, bicycle or anything else with wheels.
Now that you know the score, get on board for some thrilling hoops. See you at the game!
Dallas Mavericks regular season home games
Feb. 13. Vs. Miami Heat
Feb. 22 vs. Denver Nuggets
Feb. 27 vs. Indiana Pacers
March 2 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
March 10 vs. Houston Rockets
March 12 vs. San Antonio Spurs
March 16 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
March 18 vs. New Orleans Pelicans
American Airlines Center
Green or Orange Line to Victory Station
Full Mavericks schedule/more info