The Deal on D2
The project development process for the D2 Subway is steadily making progress. In fact, work is underway on the existing conditions documentation to support the Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement. With the help of the public and stakeholders who have been involved in the process, DART has been able to reach a few notable milestones. For example, the project has:
- Completed 5% level of conceptual design
- Determined the soil types and rock depth along the route, with 34 geotechnical borings since 2016
- Initiated data evaluation to help DART determine the preferred tunnel construction approach
We look forward to sharing more on these and future milestones in upcoming posts!
What’s Crackin’ On the Cotton Belt
The 26-mile Cotton Belt is on track to commence operations in 2022, with 10 regional rail stations across 7 cities. What does that mean for North Texans? Faster commuting for one thing. The Cotton Belt will get you to DFW Airport from Addison in just 30 mins and save 3,800 hours of daily congestion delay by 2040.
Want to know more about how the Cotton Belt will benefit you? Check out our DART Daily: Are You Ready for the Cotton Belt?
New Mobility Mentions
Did you know about DART’s partnership with Union Gospel Mission?
- Since 1996, DART has hosted an annual food drive – the Friendly Food Fight – for Union Gospel Mission (UGM), collecting more than 230 tons of food and raising over $90,000 in an effort to help wipe out hunger in North Texas.
- DART has also supported UGM’s job skills program and has helped its clients regain financial independence by providing employment opportunities – both with DART, and with Hallcon, a DART contractor.
- Check out our Faces of DART spotlight to learn more about how DART and Union Gospel Mission work together to help North Texans who are homeless gain access to the support services they need.
The DART Download
With the holiday season almost upon us, check out these events that are sure to get you in the spirit to celebrate – and DART can get you there!
- Autumn at the Arboretum – through November 21
- The Trains at NorthPark – November 17-January 6
- The 2018 Holiday Open House and Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 27