Whether you walk or run, the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot is a fun holiday event for the entire family. There is an 8-mile run, 5K run/walk and new this year, a 1K Junior Trop for kids aged 6-11 years old. This annual event is one of the largest multi-event races in the country and it takes place Nov. 22 in downtown Dallas.
Planning to attend and/or participate? Here are some key things you need to know:
- The race begins at 9 a.m. from Dallas City Hall Plaza. The Plaza opens at 7 a.m.
- The best way to reach the race is on DART. Take the Red, Blue, Green or Orange to Akard Station and it’s a short walk from there.
- Use DART’s GoPass app to buy your transit pass in advance, but don’t activate your pass until the day of the Turkey Trot. You can buy your transit passes on DART’s free GoPass® app, available in the App Store or Google Play.
- There is a reduced fee for a Tot Trot add-on for children under 6 years of age.
- Through Nov. 17, the registration fee is $48 for the 1K and 5K/8-mile combo, or $25 for the 1K only.
- The registration fees will increase on Nov. 18 and again on race day.
- 100 percent of the proceeds from the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot benefit the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas; specifically providing over $300,000 in After School program scholarships.
To learn more about the Nov. 22 YMCA Turkey Trot, visit thetrot.org.