There’s just one day left until our safety blitz. Join us tomorrow from the Blue Line at Illinois Station to the Red Line at Parker Road Station from 7-9 a.m. as we share tips on how you can enjoy a safe ride.
Show you respect the ride by obeying the following 10 safety tips:
- Look up, stay alert – phones can be distracting.
- Remove an earbud or turn down the volume. Headphones can keep you from hearing approaching vehicles.
- Look both ways, cross only at designated crosswalks. Trains and buses cannot stop on a dime!
- Stand back from buses and trains at stations and stops. Be especially careful as vehicles arrive or depart.
- Wait for people to exit DART vehicles before you try to board. People off before people on.
- Watch your step as you get on and off DART vehicles. Always pay attention to the gap between the station platform and the train door.
- Keep the doors clear on DART vehicles and do not sit or stand on stairwells.
- Take a seat or hold on tight when you board. DART vehicles may stop abruptly.
- Yield to trains and buses. They weigh more, so you never win in an accident.
- Keep away from railroad tracks — never walk, ride, jog or hang out on or near them.