City of Dallas repairs to the Houston Street Viaduct Bridge, directly above the DART Rail tracks between Union Station and Convention Center Station will take place from 5 a.m., Saturday, May 26, through Monday, May 28.
Disruption will not impact roadway traffic. Normal rail operations are expected to resume with start of service Tuesday, May 29.
DART customers should expect the following changes from 5 a.m., Saturday, May 26, through Monday, May 28:
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers will exit their trains at Convention Center and take shuttle buses to Union Station to board Blue Line trains; transfers to northbound Red Line trains will be available at West End Station.
- Southbound Blue Line passengers will exit their train at Union Station and take shuttle buses to Convention Center to re-board Blue Line trains to UNT Dallas Station.
- Southbound Red Line passengers will exit their train at West End Station, board Blue Line trains to Union Station, then take shuttle buses to Convention Center to board the Red Line to Westmoreland Station.
- Bus shuttles are to replace the Dallas Streetcar at all stops on all three days.
Other holiday weekend Changes Include:
- DART buses and trains will follow a Sunday schedule Monday, May 28. GoLink and the TRE will not operate that day.
- DART’s Paratransit services will run a Saturday schedule and the Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed. Customers should call Friday, May 25, to book their trips through Tuesday, May 29. Next day weekend voice mail booking and X-Press Booking will also be available.
- DART’s Customer Information Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111 for trip-planning needs and the administrative offices and the Customer Care Center, which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions and Lost and Found, will be closed.