Summer’s in full swing now, and that means it’s time to celebrate our freedom and enjoy a good fireworks display. Check out these DARTable Independence Day events.
- Addison Kaboom Town has become one of the premier Fourth of July celebrations in the region, with food, fun and fireworks galore. In fact, Kaboom Town was recently recognized by USA Today as one of the 10 best fireworks show in the country. There are also live bands, spectacular historic war-bird flyovers from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum’s, and much more. It happens at Addison Circle Park (adjacent to Addison Transit Center), and it’s free. For ways to get there, check out dart.org. For more information on the event, go to addisontexas.net.
- Farmers Branch Independence Day Celebration is another prime celebration, taking place at Farmers Branch Historical Park near Farmers Branch Station. Along with a terrific fireworks display, there will be concessions, music and a KidZone with activities such as face painting and bounce houses. Find out more at farmersbranchtx.gov.
- Plano Community Band’s Patriotic Pops is a free celebration happening at Haggard Park. Featured performers this year include the Custer Road United Methodist Church Choir. It’s all right next to Downtown Plano Station. Find out more information at planoband.com.
- Dallas Winds’ Piccolos and Patriots: Star-Spangled Spectacular! is a program guaranteed to make you appreciate the freedom we enjoy in the U.S.A., and it’s in a magnificent setting, too: The Meyerson Symphony Center, which is a short hop from Pearl/Arts District Station. Go to dws.org for more details.
- Fair Park Fourth promises a day of family and fun at the fairgrounds. Check out the Texas Discovery Gardens, the Children’s Aquarium and more. You can even hit the rollercoasters and other rides, as the Midway will be open beginning at noon. Fair Park is accessible by Fair Park or MLK Jr. stations; check out fairpark.org for more about the event.
- Irving Independence Day Fireworks Show happens at Lake Carolyn in Las Colinas. Thousands of attendees will enjoy a wide variety of activities throughout the day, including an award-winning parade and an evening festival with – you guessed it — a fireworks display. Head to Las Colinas Urban Center Station for the festivities, and visit cityofirving.org for more information.