Welcome back to school North Texas high school and college students! Most schools are back in session and one of the most frequent questions we receive during this time of the year is about our discounted high school and college student passes. Here’s the answer:
Are you a full-time college or trade school student? You may qualify for a reduced fare if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You attend a college, university, trade school or technical school physically located in the DART Service Area on a full-time, undergraduate basis.
- Your school does not participate in DART’s Higher Education Pass Program.
- You have already obtained a DART-issued student ID.
If not, you do not qualify for a Reduced Fare. You must pay the full fare to ride.
Reduced Fares for Individual High School Students
High school students (including public, private and charter schools) may purchase Reduced Fares on an individual basis. Conditions include:
- Must be a current full-time student attending classes at a high school
Students may purchase a reduced fare by either:
• Presenting a valid school photo ID issued by a high school; or obtaining a DART High School Student ID
• Present a valid school photo ID issued by a high school and, a $2.00 fee at the DART Store located at 1401 Pacific Ave, Dallas, TX 75202, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9-11 a.m. or 2-4 p.m.
Students who have qualified in the above manner may purchase the following pass types at Reduced Fares: 2-Hour, Day Pass and 31-Day Pass. Passes are valid on all DART, TRE, The T and DCTA buses and trains and may be purchased for use Monday – Friday only. Regular fares are required to ride on weekends.
Have a great 2015-16 school year and find out where else DART can take you at DART.org/dartable.